The College of Engineering at National Sun Yat-sen University in Taiwan is seeking applications for non-tenure track positions ( three-year contract ) in the following research areas: Electrical Engineering, Mechanical and Electro-Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Materials and Optoelectronic Science, Photonics, Environmental Engineering, and Communications Engineering, beginning in February 2018 .
II. JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- College of Engineering NSYSU invites applicants for the positions to teach postgraduate courses beginning in Spring 2018 . ( English-Taught or Chinese-Taught Courses)
- A pplicants should have a Ph.D. degree or expect to complete a Ph.D. shortly, and should demonstrate the potential for outstanding achievement in teaching and research.
Candidates are invited to send an application document including the followings:
- Curriculum vitae ( including nationality, education, working experience, and a list of publications; the list should categorize the publications, e.g., periodicals, conference papers, books)
- A copy of the Ph.D. diploma or a letter indicating the expected oral defense date; master, and Ph.D. official transcripts (unofficial is acceptable temporarily , however, official transcripts are required at the time of hiring . )
- T eaching areas, course titles and descriptions
- N ame , title, and detail contact information of at least one reference (recommendation letters are needed in the second stage)
IV. THE COLLEGE :
The aims of College of Engineering ( CoE ) are to nurture hi-tech engineering talent and strengthen research and development. After years of development the CoE now comprises the Department of Electrical Engineering, Department of Mechanical and Electro-Engineering, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Department of Materials and Optoelectronic Science, Department of Photonics, Institute of Environmental Engineering, and Institute of Communication Engineering. Each department offers master’s and doctoral programs. In addition, CoE also established an international Master’s Program for Electrical Power Engineering and an international Master’s Program for Telecommunication Engineering.
V. THE UNIVERSITY:
National Sun Yat-sen University (NSYSU) was established in Kaohsiung city, Taiwan, in 1980, and was named in honor of Dr. Sun Yet- sen , the founding father of the Republic of China (Taiwan). Situated alongside the Kaohsiung Harbor, NSYSU campus faces the open waters of the Taiwan Strait and sits against the Longevity Mountain, providing its faculty and students a spectacular setting and a serene environment to conduct research and studies. The University consists of 6 colleges, including Liberal Arts, Sciences, Engineering, Management, Social Sciences, and Marine Sciences, and offers 21 Bachelor, 38 Master, and 27 Doctoral programs. There are currently more than 460 full-time faculty members and close to 10,000 students enrolled, which include 400 international students.
VI. THE CITY :
Kaohsiung is the second largest city with a population of 1.5 million, and the largest manufacturing center in Taiwan. It is also the world’s 12th largest container port and Taiwan’s largest international commercial harbor. The harbor city is an important trade and commerce stop along the Northeast Asia / South Pacific passageway, and this niche has propelled the city into an international one.
VII. CONTACT INFORMATION
Ms. Yu Hung
College of Engineering, National Sun Yat-sen University
No . 70, Lienhai Rd., Kaohsiung 80424 Taiwan, R.O.C.
Website: http:// engn.nsysu.edu.tw/bin/home.php?Lang=en